Monday, January 5, 2009

God is SO good!

I have been praying for at least the last 2 years (but I think more like 5) for a Christian friend that lived in the same neighborhood as I do, as in 5 minutes away or LESS. It would be also be great if she had a kid about The Boy's age, and even better if she like to run and or lift weights.

SO... the other day as I was furiously chasing my 100 miles by running 6 miles in an unseasonably warm day a woman stopped me. I was so in my head running that crazy out that I am sure I gave her a crazy look! haha! She asked if I ran all the time and said she had seen me at the gym and asked if I would like a running partner. Pretty cool, right? We never were really able to connect, but she got me her number by leaving it with a trainer at the gym. Cracked me up... I am never so popular!

Well, yesterday I finally found three minutes to call her back. Well how would you like to know that in the first paragraph she mentioned MOPS. Hmm, she is a believer. Check! Oh, and that she has a son, 18 months old, CHECK! Oh yeah, and she is new here and lives FOUR STREETS OVER! CHECK CHECK CHECK! I about fell outta my seat!

Now of course, we have only talked once in the park and the once on the phone, but now I have hope. I had almost stopped praying for a friend so close. With Laura expecting her third and with our lives on totally different sides of this big ol city, I just really need a friend close by. And such a bonus that she runs! So, if it does not work out, cool, I still have hope, and I will continue to pray! Just still cannot believe that she apparently got out of her car and chased me down. So hilarious!

Oh, and I forgot the part that gave me goose bumps... she has been visiting the church we go to! WHAT!?!?!?! AMAZING. I go to this out of the way little church the town over! We pass like 5 other Baptist churches to get to our church! Wow God... amazing!

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is awesome!
Wow never have I been ousted on an blog. And for the umpteenth time, we do not live THAT far apart. Don't act like I never have time for you. puhleeze! I'm offended.

Amy said...

How cool that God provided not only a jogging buddy but also a new friend :-)

On Laura's note...it's OK. Jennifer thinks I live in Oklahoma. Seriously, Plano is just not that far. haha

JRo said...

It so is...