Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'M BACK

Sooo, long story short.. I was working hard towards my goal, making strides like crazy, and I started feeling dizzy during workouts and could barely make it through the day I was so tired. Then I went on a car ride over Memorial Day weekend, felt car sick.. and I KNEW... I was pregnant! WHAT! Sooo, fast forward 9 months later with lots of nausea (lasted the WHOLE pregnancy) and plenty of heartburn and only gaining 30 lbs (which, by the way is only HALF what I gained with my first child) my second son was born, the day before his older brothers fourth birthday no less! Oh, and this time, I got to birth on MY terms. I went to a birthing center and the experience, sans meds, was nothing short of euphoric. It was amazing, unbelievable, empowering and life changing. Nothing will ever compare, nothing. I am SO glad I did it that way!

Anyway.. here I am just over a year from when I started trying to get back to it and get in the best shape since I got married. And the 'dream' is still alive. However, nursing a voracious 4 month old and waking 1-2 times a night makes it mentally tough to deal with the 'dream'. I will say that I lost ALL my pregnancy weight in 3 WEEKS. Can you believe it? AND I am already a couple pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight!

So, Now I shall try to be consistent with chronicling becoming a fit NURSING mother. There does not seem to be very many examples of that in the fitness world. Surely you can be fit AND nurse? I mean, aren't we meant to nurse our young? Come on now! I'll figure it out, somehow, because I am NOT giving up nursing just to 'get my body back'. Right now I am happy to share it with my little Liam... but I still want to be healthy. Because after all, the better I eat, and take care of myself, surely the better and richer the nutrition I will be providing him through my milk!

Stay tuned, I promise to take a picture of me and my two boys. They are so precious. It is such a gift I have been given. I am so blessed by my little surprise pregnancy that afforded me the opportunity to take my body to the limits it was created for and have a 'natural' childbirth. So blessed to be a mommy to TWO little boys. Have I ever mentioned how much I love little boys???

No comments: