Monday, June 14, 2010

Temptation & Success

Memorial Day weekend we went and visited my in laws. I am very blessed because they actually like me! Haha. None of that horrible stress.

We had a great time. I tried to plan ahead and brought snacks I could eat and an extra meal or two as well. Most of the time my mother in law really tries to cook healthy. It drives my diabetic father in law NUTS. haha. Apparently it was his turn to run things, so we went out to eat, not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. CRAPPPPP. The first place we went to I just KNEW I could eat healthy. Um, yeah, wrong. This is why I HATE small towns. No offense to those that love them. I just can't take it. The 'best' choice was a "grilled, skinless, boneless chicken breast", with BUTTER covered cooked to death veggies. (There is no such thing as changing up the menu to suit YOUR needs) I ordered just the chicken. SERIOUSLY? It came out with SO much grease on it that I could not sop it all up with TWO napkins! I ate a meager salad at the 'salad' bar. Lets just say they use that term VERY loosely. Since when is mac and cheese and jello SALAD? Grr. The next day we went to Sonic. I did NOT want a grilled chicken sandwich with no bread, so I just waited to eat till we went home and made some egg whites. Then, the next morning, my Father in law wanted to go to get Kolaches. They live in German 'country', so apparently they are legendary. Humph. I will NOT lose $$ just for that, so, I was a big girl and made some egg whites again, before we left. Lets just say that I ate a LOT of egg whites that weekend!

The things I learned.. It felt AWESOME to come home from that trip and have LOST weight! I am down a total of 10 lbs. I finally fit back into my clothes. I can breathe again! haha. Also, though it was SERIOUSLY painful at the time to make wise choices, each time it was a little better and let me tell ya, seeing the very sad, very overweight people chowing down half asleep on all that buttered and fat drenched food was more painful than making a wise choice. Do I want to be fit, healthy, and chasing my grandkids around, or do I want to be tubby, in pain, only watching my grandkids play just so I can eat all the grease I want?? Hmm...

Two Weeks down, six to go!

1 comment:

Josha said...

HI, JRO!
I skipped over to your blog today to say HI, and smiled the whole time I read your latest post! Sounds like you are doing GREAT!
HI!