Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Observations while Swimsuit shopping

I went for a quick run to the local sporting good store to buy a swimsuit. I just can't let another summer go by and force my children to miss out on the fun of the pool because their mother has body issues! I mean really, enough punishing myself, and don't you dare mess with my precious babies! Sooo, I went shopping, and came home without a suit. *sigh* These are the observations I made...

1) Wow, I am pasty, like I had to wear sunglasses just so I could look at the suits through all the glare! Ha. Apparently I CAN use self tanner while breastfeeding. Ok, will get on that!

2) A couple more salads a week and definitely a few more runs (like more than the TWO times I have run since my second son was born!) would not hurt me ONE bit!

3) I am VERY proud that I have almost NO cellulite on my body. It is shocking, and I LOVE it. I had LOADS of it after Lucas, but all the healthier eating with Liam, has done my thighs and booty some good!

4) I have very low standards in swimsuits.. so why can't I find one? All I want is one that covers my rear, and my chest, and doesn't cost $75. (It is not like I can expect a couple of pieces of SPANDEX is going to 'fix' the sins I have committed to my body, hahaha) I can find any two of those, but not all three. I KNOW that I will be most comfortable in a 'competition' type swimsuit, but those suckers are NOT cheap. Guess I will have to shell out that big cash. Why, oh why Sierra Trading, have you failed me this year? Ha


I am heading off to the 'promised land' (Oklahoma where I was raised) for the next two weekends. Poor hubby will be staying behind. That work thing, that pays for my higher ac bill since I seem to still have hormones racing through my body and I am HOT all the time! Haha. But I will get to see my mommy, work on this PASTY white body by laying on the dock in the lake. (there is not much better than that, really, not much makes me happier, well, except unsolicited hugs from my children!)

My mom has decided to be vegan again, and though I do not 'agree' with the diet, I am pretty happy. The healthiest and happiest I have ever seen her was the year she was vegan. She lost weight like crazy, she felt like she was in control, that really helps your self esteem! And she thought about what she put in her mouth, which really, is never a bad thing. Helping her get a good start on that, will help me remember that what I put in my mouth, always shows up on my body. My skin, my tummy, my thighs, my nails, you get the point.

After I get back, I have some ideas of what I will do for a while on the blog. I need some accountability with my meals. I am much busier with two little guys than I was before. So I either eat nothing all day and suffer headaches, or I stumble upon 'crap' food and scarf it down. Though, the 'crap' can't be too too bad since I have gone gluten-free and trying to avoid milk products, but still not the best stuff. So I might try and take pictures of everything I eat and post them. We will see. I would like to stop spending time on Farmville at night, and maybe spend less than half the time I WAS 'farming' and blog instead, then spend the rest of that time, snuggling with that man of mine. That man of mine, oh, that blessed, God given gift of a husband!

No comments: