Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Aparagus

Oh how I hate the stuff. That may be the single thing that would keep me from my dreams of competing in a figure contest! ha! Those nasty little stalks. I can barely eat them covered in olive oil, coarse salt and pecans, but plain.... GAG.

I am really enjoying eating so often, and for the most part, I love lots of veggies and lean proteins. However, I swear by the time I have chewed up all the celery for my 3rd meal of the day, it is time for meal 4! I am chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing. Rest, chew some more! Oh, and to bypass all the chewing for my evening meal (3 cups of greens, 1 cup of asparagus, and 1 cup of zucchini) I have taken to making a green smoothie out of it all. Not very tasty without the fruit in it, but hey, I am a biggy girl and I can hang for a couple more days! Makes me want to come up with all kinds of other ideas of how to put the veggies I LOVE into my meals. Also, I think I would rather eat my biggest meal (not even calorie wise, but volume wise) as a lunch, or even second meal of the day. I am so stuffed by the time dinner comes along, that I don't want to do ANY. MORE. CHEWING. Call me lazy I guess.

I have run two miles each day. The plan calls for pulling back on training. But how to you pull back on NO training? Well, it was not that bad, but I had not really done much over the three weeks of traveling we did.

Day two is almost under my belt. I am sleepy, and ready to get up early in the am and drink coffee (ha, I will be eating my oatmeal instead) and catch up. What a great start to the morning. Also, I will be working at the daycare all day, so I am not running tomorrow. When I told Sweet Love that, he said, so what are you going to do that is active instead of run. I was like, um dude.. you come take care of 6 kids under 3 by yourself and tell me all about how I need to be active. Wow, pull back JRo. Haha. I reminded him that I would be at work all day, and he thought that was enough. Wow, way to put the militant in charge! hahahahahahahahaha! He is so funny!

1 comment:

Josha said...

asparagus....
spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and roasted garlic
cook under the broiler for 5 minutes, turn and add another 3 minutes.
Even if you don't like it, you must admit that it makes your pee have an interesting odor a half hour later. :)