Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Headaches & Horse Pills

I rarely get headaches. The occasions that I do, it reminds me to be extra grateful that I rarely get them, and to give that much more grace to those in my life that are plagued by them. Among the things I have discovered that gives me headaches are the following: detox (from eating crap foods, to eating clean healthy foods), iron in pills, lack of coffee.

Knowing this... I am unable to pinpoint my headache from yesterday. It was everlasting.

I have chosen to follow a plan in the current Oxygen Magazine 'Special' called Off The Couch. It promises that you will lose 10 lbs in 21 days. Normally I would NOT do a plan like that. I am so into muscle and shaping my body that the idea of losing weight that fast means losing muscle. However, my beloved Oxygen Magazine feels the same way, so I am hoping that this plan is not going to eat away at the little bit of muscles I have!

This plan calls for a lot of supplements. A LOT. I bought $75 worth of pills. Sheesh. Almost half of that cost was multivitamins that DON'T have iron. WHY do all multivitamins have iron in them? I KNOW I am not the only one that can't handle iron. It is well documented that there are LOTS of people with the same issue! (Good thing I like plenty of things in nature that will fulfill my iron needs!) Oh, and each one of those silly supplements are HORSE pills. HUGE I tell ya! Good thing I can swallow pills like a pro, but still one meal during the day I need to take 6+ all at once!

Also, not supposed to be having coffee. I was fine with that, I really do want to not drink it except on weekends with my Sweet Love. Problem is, my body is addicted again! Sooo, I drank a tiny, and I mean tiny, teacup full with only Stevia to make it palatable. I SO did not enjoy it, but it did take the headache down a couple of notches.

Oh, and I am a genius. Since I have the fatal flaw of NOT following through, I asked Sweet Love to help keep me accountable. He glowed. Oh, the poopface he is. I told him I would hate him, but that I really needed him. I know that once I REALLY get moving, I won't 'need' his prodding anymore. So, we came up with some conditions. If I attack the day, eat every meal and workout (5 times a week) then I get a REAL kiss. (He doesn't ever like to bother with that 'nonsense' but I crave it). However, if I skip out on even one little part of it, then I get a consequence. It is a 'favor' for him! Haha, I told him no fair to thwart me! haha. He is positively giddy. I actually used the thought of that favor, to force down my salad. I hate salad. Always have. After the initial stages, I get new sunglasses at 10lbs. I have plans for every 5 lbs after that, but I have not told him yet. Haha. He is loving his 'role' in all of this. It has oddly, added a much needed element of fun to our marriage. I knew I was missing something!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my...TMI, TMI!!! haha. Alright I won't bring you Starbucks...but I owe you something for indulging me in all my running questions!