Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chugga Chugga

Chugga Chugga.. well, lets see. We went to the Texas State Railroad yesterday to take The Boy for a ride. He is not that into trains, but it was worth a shot. He loved it, Sweet Love loved it, and I did not mind it! ;) BUT when the train ride was over, The Boy wanted to watch the trains. So we stayed, MORE than an hour later (it was already a 5 hour endeavor NOT including the 2 hour long drive!) to watch the trains be put away. It was REALLY cool. The Boy is just like his mom and wants to figure out how things work. LOVE THAT.

Anyway, the point of the little story is, the engine that pulled us was really small. Well only small compared to this diesel engine. They had it out on display. It was HUGE, MASSIVE, GINORMOUS! It was at the VERY least twice as long as that little steam engine and it was lots taller too! It was HUGE. However, I don't think it worked, or it 'cost' too much to turn it on and move it back into the train barn. They used that little steam engine. Here is where it was pretty cool for me. While we were watching, I was telling The Boy what I thought would happen next. I kinda figured that Steam engine would push the diesel into the barn, but I did not know how MASSIVE it was yet. I had not seen them next to each other. As it pulled close to couple together, I almost gasped. There was NO WAY that little engine could push that massive thing into that barn. NO WAY. AND you know what, if I had only stood there and watched it for 15 minutes, and 10+ tries, I would have believed it could not move it! But you know what, it did. It ramped up over 15 times before it moved it even an inch. And then it STILL had to ramp up and work at it again. Sometimes its little wheels spun, but the engineer kept at it. Putting on the fuel, charging up the steam, BAM, full speed again. It was awesome. Not one man on that little train doubted that the steam engine could do it. They all knew it could, and it did.

So here is what I got from my not eloquently written story. I can ramp up over and over and 'fail', but if I never give up, if I keep putting fuel in that engine of mine, and try AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.. I AM going to get somewhere. That engine tried 20+ times before it finally pushed that engine into that barn. AND while it was pushing it, it often spun its wheels! It was mind blowing. I haven't stopped thinking about it. Even thought about it during church. It applies to so much in my life. I am always the one crippled by the FEAR of failure alone. Not even failing! HA! That little Steam Engine 201. He is my hero and role model for the week!

So Chugga Chugga to you my friends!

No comments: