Friday, April 16, 2010

Strength For Life

I am sore, still. At least now I can manage my day and not cry when I drink water knowing that in just an hour I will have to fall upon the seat to pee! HAHA. I don't think that even ONE muscle I have worked out has not been sore. Even my back AND shoulders have been sore! Those guys are NEVER sore!

My current workout plan is from the book "Strength For Life". It is by the brother of famous 'Body For Life" author Bill Phillips. I am SOOO sick of doing Body for Life style workouts. I have done them off and on for the last 10 years. I only kept coming back to them because I KNOW they work! Anyway, this current workout is SO different and I LOVE it. I get to the gym around 5:10 and I am ALWAYS home by 6am when my coffee maker turns itself on! Even on the long workout days, I get to hear the coffee moaning and gurgling when I walk in the door. For a busy mom, that never seems to have it all together, this is a GOD SEND. I actually have time to read the Bible AND spend time on the Internet or better yet, read a little in a book! I missed reading books. And all of this before my husband wakes up enough to turn on the TV or my son gets up and starts demanding to be served. Ha

Anyway, the thing is.. the silly guy at the gym (that runs the front desk) keeps giving me CRAP about how short my workouts are. On one hand I laugh and know that he is NOT going to deter me, and well, you know how boys are, they tease you when they are trying to be nice. (roll my eyes) And, I think, dude, just watch... I am already showing muscles in my arms. I could see them while I worked out LEGS today. I mean REALLY. And for a moment I want to punch him. Ha. But then I decide, to put my big, mean, you just wait, pants on, and show him what a girl can do in 30-45 minutes a day. That is what I am going to do. I have SHOCKED one trainer before. He made fun of me too. But man, he changed his tune three months later when I had completely changed my body and my mind with just 45 minutes a day. Still, I kinda wanted to punch him anyway for having made fun of me in the first place. Even if he did practically grovel and tell me how amazing I was! ;)

Now if I could just have this much control over my sewing projects! haha! One day, soon, I WILL get that chair slipcovered. Really, I will.

No comments: