Thursday, January 15, 2009

Run,. run, and repeat

My current running plan is just too much. WAY too many miles on too few of days. Talked it over with Laura and Sweet Love... and I have decided that I will pick a 5-6 runs a week plan over 3 runs a week. I just could barely pull myself out the door to run 4 miles. That is almost 40 minutes. I love running, but seriously. What am I to do with myself for that long? I just never shut up, and sometimes one needs peace and quiet! So now, I am running more 3 mile days, and only one really long day, and one longer day. Hmm, now that I look at it, it really isn't that much better, but it is in my head, and that is the part that gets me out the door!

Ran again with my new running partner. I am so excited about her that I am running her into the ground! Poor thing. I keep slowing down, but then get all excited and start sprinting again! If it wasn't for her panting while she is telling me a story, I would never realize how hard I was running... until I woke up the next morning, unable to move, because I pushed myself WAY too hard. Hmm... maybe I should push a LOT harder when I run by myself. Obviously I have more in the bank!

I am terribly sore from helping a friend paint her house yesterday. I was already going to be sore from lifting legs, in fact I found a new booty muscle. But then I go and stand on a ladder from 11 am till 11pm. Smart one, that is me! My back.. OH my back. It is a deep internal tiredness that is so sore, I did not move off the couch until after 9. ( Wake up at 6:30 most mornings) I feel better now, but I am READY to call it a night... I just have to take another shower. That is the problem with more frequent runs... more frequent, time wasted, showers... Hahahaha!

2 comments:

Josha said...

I think I need a running buddy like you. Maybe I'd pick it up more than I think I can. Your running buddy probably likes the new challenge.

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

Stopping by to fellow A Teamers to show support...I'm struggling right now but I'm hoping reading the A-Team blogs will help me out. Hope you're kicking a$$ and taking names!

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" By Marvin Phillips