Sunday, January 11, 2009

On the Fence

Yesterday I met up with some people in the area that are on Transformation.com. SO out of the norm for me. It was surprisingly fun. Met some people that I had seen posting a lot, some people that actually think I am funny (I am funny, just Laura and Sweet Love think they are SO much funnier *rolling eyes*), and some poor spouses of us freaks that are so grateful to have found BFL and feel like it has changed our lives! haha!

Anyway, right now there are accountability groups set up. One of them is for Texas Transformers. I am interested, but quite honestly, I think I am on the computer just a little too much anyway. So, I am on the fence about joining up. I did meet the team lead on it, and he just about has me sold.

Also, the assignments that Bill Phillips is putting out on the website.. some of them are pretty hard. The first one just will not get done. I just can't seem to want to face it, well, me, what I really am right now, and how far that is from my dream, my vision, of who I would be, and can be. Again, I am on the fence.

Next, sugar. I have often blogged about my relationship with sugar. I really don't know what to do right now. Here I am renewing my focus on eating right... and I always, in the past, started with NO SUGAR. But in the past, I did not stick with the whole eating right and taking care of my vessel God gave me, so I don't want to do what I 'always' did. I initially thought to give it up for Lent (I am not Catholic, there is just something about forgoing something that is important to you in order to remind yourself of the sacrifice that Christ made that speaks to me), but I really think I am being led to give up tv. So what do I do? Again, on the fence.

I really do feel like I am at a HUGE, MAJOR, fork in the road in my life. I can take that prickly scary path that only has light at my feet, or that nice wide, well traveled path. I sense that if I do not hop right on over to the scary side of the fence, I will NOT be who I dream to be.

I can see myself, a 7 year old little girl full of fear, standing on that great precipice, the diving board, hearing my family and friends, and even teachers cheering me on, telling me I can do it. I just have to close my eyes, take a deep breath, clear the fearful images of failure from my mind, hold God close, and jump. I have to jump, I must jump....

3 comments:

Laura said...

I agree w/ you on not always doing what you always do with the sugar thing. How about just getting focused on healthy living and that in of itself will gradually eliminate most sugar. Let's face it, unless we are diabetic we will never ever completely give sugar up for the rest of our lives AND that is ok.

Second, are you not committed to doing the 1/2 marathon in March? Why must you feel compelled to add more things on top of that. That way you can continue to work on your goals you posted earlier. THEN you will not get overwhelmed by so much to account for, eat right, etc. etc. That is just my opinion. When you nail one goal, the next time make 2 goals.

Amy said...

Wow - wise words from Laura! That is how I tackle goals...make one big goal at a time and set action steps along the way so that I can get there.

Josha said...

It's true that too many goals become obstacles instead. Especially when you have those unspoken goals that are called taking care of your family and home...it all piles up quickly. I like the transformation and signed up a couple of rounds ago, but found that the Paperwork was more than I wanted, so maybe later I'll do it officially, but for now, I read the stuff and use it as fuel and food for thought.