Saturday, January 10, 2009

6 Miles

Today was my first Half Marathon long run. I needed to run 6 miles. Today was also the first day that I finally got to meet up with the girl that ran me down in the park the other day! So great.

First I ran the half mile to her house, then we ran four miles together. I think she had to run a little harder than her normal pace, and I ran a little faster than normal, but still quite manageable. It was perfect and so amazing. Those 40 minutes went by SO much faster than they would have if I was alone! I have never run with someone before. It was really fun. Anyway, dropped her off at her house and ran the last 1.5 miles home. Such greatness!

My family is here so that my baby brother can play in a hockey tournament. Awesome gift of free babysitting! Thank you God!

Today has been a real blessing. Now all I have left to do, is get WAY outside of myself and meet up with the TX people from Transformation.com. Not even sure if that is really my kind of thing, but I have to try things out to figure it out... right? Wish me well! I do need to hurry up and get around to taking a shower at some point first! haha!

No comments: